Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yuyuko in a Box

It's Yuyuko in a box!
http://gt40.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/321/

Only two pages of not too tiny parts, on regular paper. It looks to be something just about my current level of papercraft construction skill. It took me about 5 hours to finish, quite longer than I had anticipated.

Here are pictures:

All the pieces have been cut out and markered.

I gotta say I like how this model's hair is much simpler and much more reasonable, compared to that Nao model's stupid hair. Also, I really like the design of this hat. It has been well designed such that, to squeeze in that last circular layer of the frills of the hat, the paper naturally bends inward and outward irregularly to provide that wavy style automatically; I didn't have to do anything special to make that happen.

Now it's almost done. The model does provide glue tabs to glue Yuyuko's bottom of the dress to the floor of her box, but that's just stupid. I spent a lot of time on every detali of her dress, so there will be no obscuring those details with the box even if it has her name on it!

Okay, it's finished. Side view.

Back view.

Front view.

Here is Yuyuko swimming in a box of Rice Krispies Treats. She is about a little smaller than a regular-sized Rice Krispies Treat.

Yes, this box contains mostly Rice Krispies Treats of the chocolatey flavour. I just love those things. Om nom nom nom.